This is my go-to mashed potatoes recipe, which results in a quick dish that just melts in the mouth!
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (8 ounces)
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 2-3 tbsp of black pepper (additional)
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of light cream
- Boil the potatoes.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of salt.
- Heat the butter separately at low heat until melted.
- Heat the half-and-half in a third saucepan at low heat and add 1 tbsp of salt to it.
- Drain and peel the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and add the dairy (first, the butter until it is absorbed).
- Let it sit and add the finishing touches to taste (black pepper, soy sauce etc.).